Finding a good low carb cookie recipe can be a struggle: they need that soft texture, gooey consistency while warm, and then actually need to be low carb (so many claim to be, but then one cookie would still constitute the carbs of entire meal for people living keto). This chocolate chip cookies recipe is definitely a bit more complicated than some, but very worth it. Inspired by that classic Toll House recipe that everybody loves, the result is super soft cookies that taste best just as soon as they are cool enough to eat.
Let’s Make Cookies!!!
***A bulleted recipe is available at the bottom of the page***
Preheat your oven to 365°F, and start by mixing the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl: 1 1/4 cup almond flour, a half cup coconut flour, 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Then set this bowl aside.
Then in a stand mixer (a hand mixer can work as well), cream one cup of softened unsalted butter. Then add one cup of swerve, a half a cup of brown swerve, and teaspoon of vanilla extract to your creamed butter and mix. If swerve isn’t available, erythritol can be used, and brown swerve can be substituted with erythritol and 1/8 teaspoon of maple extract.
Next add two large eggs. Add them one at a time, and allow each to mix thoroughly. Then, while mixing, slowly add in the dry ingredients that were set aside.
When the dry ingredients are thoroughly mixed in, stir in 2 cups of Lilly’s Chocolate Chips with a silicone spatula or large spoon.
At the point it is important to remember that you should never eat raw cookie dough, I mean, I do, like a lot, but don’t do that. it’s not safe.
Now, you will need to line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. The parchment paper really is necessary, these cookies will cool much slower than wheat flour cookies, and they will be too soft to remove from the cookie sheet when they come out of the oven.
Now drop 1 tablespoon balls of dough onto your cookie sheet, and be sure you are leaving a couple inches of space between each for the cookies to melt into.
Place cookie sheet into oven at 365°F and bake for ten minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 3 1/2 minutes, and then slide the whole parchment paper sheet of off the cookie sheet and onto a cooling rack.
Allow the cookies to cool until they are firm enough to be handled. Then eat them all! Om nom nom nom noms! No, don’t be a cookie monster, but do enjoy, and probably share, this recipe makes over 60 little cookies.
Best Ever Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever! These ooey gooey treats are the flawless image of what a chocolate chip cookie should be, and they're sugar free and low carb!
- 1 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1 Cup Swerve (erythritol)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Swerve
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (I use Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 365 F
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl, (almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt), set aside
- Cream the butter with a mixer.
- Add the swerve, brown swerve, and vanilla extract (if unavailable: substitute brown swerve with erythritol and 1/8 tsp maple extract) , mix to incorporate.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing to mix completely after each.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips with a large spoon or silicone spatula.
- Prepare cookie sheet by placing a sheet of parchment paper on it.
- Drop tablespoons of rounded dough onto ungreased parchment paper.
- Bake 10 minutes at 365.
- Cool for 3 1/2 minutes on sheet.
- Carefully transfer cookies to a cooling rack. I recommend moving the whole parchment sheet, the cookies will still be very soft at this point.
- Allow to cool until firm.
|Serving size||1 cookie|
|Net Carbs||0.6 g|