A simple recipe for vanilla gelatin pudding that nearly anyone can enjoy. This is the second and improved version of Allergy Friendly Vanilla pudding that I’ve posted. This recipe has definitely satisfied my need for pudding while not doing dairy or eggs, and is very good topped with sweetened blueberries.
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk (carton variety/not canned)
- 1/4 Cup Erythritol (or 12 drops Monk Fruit Extract)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Tsp Unflavored Gelatin Powder
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Cold Water
- Combine Erythritol (or Monk Fruit Extract), and Milk in a medium saucepan.
- Heat to a boil stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and continue cooking, stirring often.
- Put the cold water in a small bowl and add the unflavored gelatin (use rounded spoonfuls if you desire a harder set, too much and it will be a lot like Jello).
- Let the gelatin mixture sit for two to three minutes, or until it is fully saturated.
- Microwave gelatin for 15 seconds or until completely melted (alternatively: set the small bowl in shallow heated water on the stove-top to melt).
- Pour the hot milk mixture into a heat safe bowl and whisk in the melted gelatin.
- Add the Vanilla Extract. Alternatively, you can substitute other flavors for whatever you are craving, strawberries are yum.
- Chill in fridge for about 2 hours. Portion size effects set time: to chill faster separate into single serving containers.
|Serving Size||1/4 Full Recipe (about 1/2 Cup)|
|Net Carbs||0.50 g|