This super easy chicken foil pack is so flavorful that you will want to make it again the next night! It’s also super versatile and can be easily altered to fit the needs of low carb, or non-low-carb dieters. It’s easy enough that it doesn’t really need much introduction, so, without further ado, we present to you our recipe for Chicken-aux-Feuilles: the chicken foil pack meal so delicious that it required a fancier name.
Chicken aux Feuille, low carb, keto
A simple but amazingly delicious chicken foil pack! Low Carb, and keto friendly, but can be served with rice for a standard american diet (just reduce the amount of oil used if serving with rice to not overdo it on the calories).
- 2 medium Chicken Breasts, skinless/boneless
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil, divided in 4 parts
- 20 g Onion
- 40 g Yellow (Summer) Squash
- 50 g Zucchini
- 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes, ground
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Ground White Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Remove two sheets of heavy duty foil, about a foot in length.
- Place the sheets into two separate pie dishes or another oven safe dish.
- Place one boneless/skinless chicken breast on each foil sheet.
- Drizzle a quarter of the olive oil over each chicken breast.
- In a small bowl combine parsley, garlic, white pepper, and ground bouillon.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over each chicken breast, half to each.
- Dice onions, squash, and zucchini.
- Add half the vegetables to each chicken breast.
- Drizzle remaining oil over each chicken breast.
- Fold the foil around the chicken and vegetables to completely enclose.
- Place in oven at 350 °F and bake for 1 hr and 20 min.
- Remove from oven, use caution- very hot! Carefully open foil with oven mitts or heat resistant utensils and allow to vent until cool enough to serve. Alternatively allow to cool while still sealed for about a half hour.
- Allow to cool, very hot coming out of the oven.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top after baking for an extra treat, be sure to note adjustment to nutritional information.
- While we provide approximate seasoning amounts here, we recommend to season to personal tastes.
- The broth that forms in the foil envelope can be poured off into a bowl to make a scrumptious soup!
- Reduce the oil used and add a side of rice for people not eating a low carb diet!
|Serving Size||1 Foil Pack|
|Net Carbs||2.7 g|