Easy chocolate bar recipes using coconut oil have become a favorite around our household, and it was only a matter time before we realized that we could be adding Peanutbutter Powder directly into those recipes. From there came the ultimate question: what if we completely substitute out all of the cocoa powder and use only Peanutbutter Powder! Well, this recipe is our answer to that question, and it is sinfully decadent. The texture of these sweet bites straddles the worlds of fudge and chocolate- firm but still soft and perfectly melts in your mouth. Just wait until our follow up recipe, where we coat these Peanutbutter Bites in a chocolate shell.
Some quick tips for the best results. Mix your dry ingredients thoroughly. A fork or a whisk work well, and the little bits of powdered sweetener dissolve nicely in the hot oil.
If you don’t have a double boiler available, then you can use a heat safe bowl over a small saucepan with water. Alternatively, the oil can be heated directly in a saucepan or the microwave, but if you need to keep your finished mixture warm after you’ve combined your dry ingredients and oil, then you want to have the double boiler set up.
Be sure to thoroughly mix the dry ingredients into the hot oil. There should be no clumps or powder remaining.
Silicone molds are fantastic for making these Peanutbutter Bites or Bars. Chocolate-Bar molds are readily available, and there are an abundance of other fun shapes available too- we’ve found shapes for nearly every holiday!
Let’s make Peanutbutter Bites!
Peanutbutter Bites: low carb, delicious, and super easy.
Soft, melt in your mouth homemade Peanutbutter Bites that are keto friendly, super easy to make, and unbelievably delicious!
- 5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 5 Tbsp Powdered Sweetener (e.g. swerve Confectioners)
- 5 Tbsp Peanutbutter Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sunflower Lecithin (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mixing thoroughly with a whisk or a fork. (Sifting optional)
- Heat oil in double boiler until completely melted.
- Remove oil from heat, add vanilla extract and stir together (vanilla optional) .
- Add dry ingredients to oil and mix thoroughly, a fork or whisk works well.
- Quickly transfer into molds.
- Chill in refrigerator or freezer until firm, about ten to fifteen minutes.
|Serving Size||1/9 of Recipe|
|Net Carbs||1.1 g|