A dairy free and low carb take on this traditional family dinner.
Low Carb Beef Stroganoff with Yam Noodles.
A simple low carb and dairy free option for classic beef stroganoff!
- 1 block Yam Cake (or yam noodles)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 whole Onion
- 1 pkg (227 g) Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Can Coconut Cream
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Cubes Beef Bouillon
- To Taste Garlic Powder
- To Taste Pepper
- To Taste Salt
- Cut yam cake into thin slices and then into desired noodle size. Alternatively Yam noodles can be used, but these are long like spaghetti instead of thin and flat noodles.
- Rinse, and then boil yam noodles (improves flavor).
- Brown hamburger and drain grease as desired.
- Add yam noodles, mushrooms, and onions to hamburger and fry until onions and mushrooms are cooked as desired.
- Add coconut cream.
- Add beef bouillon and seasonings, stir until evenly combined.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook down to desired consistency. Stirring often.
- Add 1 Tbsp of lemon juice and a dash of vinegar to the coconut cream a few minutes prior to adding to beef to imitate the flavor of sour cream.
- Other Noodles can be used in place of yam Noodles, but this will significantly impact the nutritional facts.
- If you’ve never used yam noodles before, be prepared for an unpleasant odor. Rinsing, boiling, and pan frying not only makes them taste better (flavorless really), but improves their texture.
- A pinch of xanthan gum can help to thicken the coconut cream.
|Serving Size||1/4 of Recipe|
|Net Carbs||4.8 g|