Working with canned coconut cream is quite variable. The exact consistency of the cream and water in the can is not the same between different cans, let alone different manufacturers. So, with that in mind, this recipe requires a little flexibility.
Chocolate Pudding: dairy free and low carb.
Very easy to make, dairy free, low carb chocolate pudding!
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Cream chilled and separated cream only
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Sweetener (e.g. swerve)
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Separated coconut water as needed.
- Separate water from cream in a can of chilled coconut cream, set the coconut water aside for later.
- Combine chilled cream, vanilla (optional), cocoa powder, and powdered sweetener in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk on low until smooth and all powder is incorporated, then increase speed and whisk until a thick mousse forms.
- Slowly add in coconut milk from earlier until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.
- Canned coconut milk can be used in place of coconut cream, but has less cream to milk ratio.
- If the chilled cream is hard enough to to chip, then let warm slightly until it can be smoothly mixed without hard chunks.
The nutritional information below is estimated, given the variability of the amounts of coconut cream and coconut water that go into the recipe.
|Serving Size||Full Recipe|
|Net Carbs||3.3 g|