Cookie cakes are pretty much amazing, they are quick and easy alternatives to the classic birthday cake, and everybody loves a giant chocolate chip cookie! For my last birthday we decided we needed a low carb option for this treat and thus was born this perfect recipe!
Low Carb Keto Cookie Cake.
Incredibly easy to make, and unbelievably delicious low carb keto Cookie Cake!
- 1 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Butter or 3/4 cup Coconut Oil, or Shortening
- 1 Cup Granulated Sweetener e.g. Erythritol or Swerve
- 1 Cup Brown Sweetener e.g. Brown Swerve
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar free Chocolate Chips e.g. Lily’s or Bake-Believe
- 4 Tbsp Butter or 3 Tbsp shortening or coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 Cup Powdered Sweetener e.g. Swerve Confectioners
- 1 to 2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl, (almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt), set aside
- Cream the butter with a mixer.
- Add the sweetener, brown sweetener, and vanilla extract (if brown sweetener unavailable: substitute with sweetener and 1/8 tsp maple extract) , mix to incorporate.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing to mix completely after each.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips with a large spoon or silicone spatula.
- Prepare round baking pan by placing a cut-to-fit sheet of parchment paper in the bottom.
- Press cookie dough onto ungreased parchment paper.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350, until the edges are golden and the center is set but still soft and gooey (times may vary by oven)
- Allow to cool until firm.
- Place all ingredients in medium mixing bowl.
- Mix on low until powders are incorporated, then increase speed and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Fill a frosting bag and decorate as desired.
The nutritional information below is for the uniced cookie cake, nutritional information will vary depending on how much icing is used per slice.
|Serving Size||Full Recipe|
|Net Carbs||2.0 g|