This is a simple and delicious frosting recipe that is sugar free, non-dairy, and tastes absolutely perfect.
Sugar-Free and Non-Dairy Cake Frosting
A perfectly delicious frosting that is Keto-Friendly and Dairy-Free!
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Shortening
- 2 1/4 Cups Powdered Sweetener we use Swerve Confectioners
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, leaving out half the almond milk.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add in remaining almond milk to desired thickness.
- Spread or pipe onto dessert item!
- It helps to use chilled equipment when making frosting.
- Different food colors or flavor extracts can be added as preferred.
- To make a chocolate frosting, substitute 1/4 cup of powdered sweetener for cocoa powder (this will change the nutritional information).
- Other milks can be used in place of almond milk, even coconut cream can be used (this will change the nutritional information).
- Frosting flowers like the ones pictured can be made following simple instructions on YouTube, these are inspired by Wilton’s sunflower design.
|Serving Size||1/2 of Recipe|
|Net Carbs||0.02 g|