As we move into the fall season we are rapidly approaching the need for some amazing chili dishes. Chili might not seem like something that would be an inherently keto friendly meal, but there are lots of neat keto friendly recipes out there! This recipe is one that I modified from a taco meat recipe I was working on earlier this summer, and I think it’s becoming a favorite in our home. I hope you enjoy!
Low Carb Keto Chili.
A very easy low carb chili that the whole family will love!
- 2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 whole Onion
- 5 (615 g)Tomatoes Diced
- 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Brown and drain hamburger in a fry pan (deep sides, not a skillet).
- Slice onions, dice tomatoes and add to drained hamburger at medium heat.
- Add in all seasonings.
- Continue to cook at medium heat until tomatoes begin cook down and release their juices (2 to 5 minutes).
- Reduce heat, cover fry pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have reached desired tenderness, or until chili is desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Add a little sour cream and cheese for flavor, but be sure to adjust the nutritional information accordingly.
- Try and conserve as much juice from your tomatoes as possible when slicing them, this is the water for your chili.
- If tomato skins aren’t your thing: bring a pot of water to a boil, and prepare an ice bath in a large bowl. Cut an x in bottom of tomato skins and drop a couple at a time into the boiling water for about a minute and then into the ice bath fro a moment. The skin should now slough off with ease.
- If you are convinced that all chili should have beans in it, then add some Eden black soy beans, these are a low carb bean option. Fairly flavorless by themselves, but add the texture you want from a chili with beans.
- If you still feel like your chili is missing something, try adding a little sweetener. Just a little Brown Swerve does some amazing things to a pot of chili.
|Serving Size||1/6 of Recipe|
|Net Carbs||3.1 g|
If dividing 4 Ways see table below.
|Serving Size||1/4 of Recipe|
|Net Carbs||4.6 g|