Made in the air fryer, these alternatives to classic french fries are absolutely phenomenal! While they certainly can be oven baked, or even deep fried, this is one situation in which I believe that the air fryer works best! A little sweeter than classic fries, and a bit more crispy, but not quite as naturally flavorful so the seasoning is a must if enjoying them without condiments or toppings.
Air Fried Seasoned Jicama Fries.
Homemade seasoned fries made from a jicama tuber: aka low carb french fries.
- 1 Medium Jicama
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Season Salt
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Peel and cut Jicama into 1/8 inch thick sticks.
- Combine jicama fries and all other ingredients into a large covered bowl.
- Shake until fries are evenly coated.
- Transfer fries to air fryer basket.
- Air Fry on 400 F for 5 minutes, shake or turn fries with a spatula.
- Repeat and continue process until they are fried to your liking, total fry time of about 15-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before eating, they will be very hot.
- They are crispier throughout than potato fries.
- Jicama by itself has a fairly mild, almost fruity flavor, so the seasonings are mostly what you taste.
- Ketchup not necessary, but good.
- These make great cheesy fries too!
|Serving Size||1/6 of Recipe|
|Net Carbs||4.3 g|