This ice cream recipe is smooth, flavorful and doesn’t freeze into a solid brick in the freezer. The real trick to that is adding a little vodka, it doesn’t take much to keep it soft enough. Although one could use gelatin instead of vodka, but it doesn’t work as well with erythritol as it does with sugar. The recipe below is fir vanilla icecream, but any other flavors or addins could be used.
Keto Ice Cream.
Homemade sugar free icecream: low carb, and keto friendly!
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sweetener e.g. Swerve
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Vodka, 40%
- 1 Egg
- Combine almond milk, egg, vanilla extract, sweetener, and vodka in a large chilled mixing bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add chilled cream and stir until smooth.
- Transfer ingredients into icecream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer into sealable freezer safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Gelatin can be substituted for vodka, 1 1/2 tsp gelatin powder to 1 Tbsp chilled water, let set up, then add to mixture.
- Use a good quality vodka to avoid any added flavor. Other liquors will work as well, but will add flavor.
- Any add-ins, like nuts, fruits, or candies should be stirred in after churning, but before freezing.
- This recipe does call for raw egg, while the vodka removes some of the risk, raw egg can be a source of salmonella. The egg can be left out.
|Serving Size||1/16 of Recipe|
|Net Carbs||0.9 g|