Spaghetti squash is an absolutely delicious addition to any meal, but it really shines as the entree, especially when served as its namesake. I had to call up one of the sister-folks to complete this recipe, she gets the squash just perfect! This is definitely a healthy meal that the whole family can enjoy!
This recipe is a bit more carb heavy than most of the ones I post, but it is still a low carb meal, and absolutely amazingly tasty. If you’re here looking for keto recipes, then this meal is one with which to end a very light carb day, given that a single serving has 1/3 of a keto day’s carbs, and you’ll likely want more!
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti.
A wonderful alternative to classic spaghetti!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 24 oz Jar No Sugar Added Spaghetti SauceWe use Newman’s Own
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- Garlic Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Celery Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 °C and prepare a baking sheet with a sheet of foil.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, and remove and discard seeds and mush.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and add seasonings as preferred.
- Divide seasoned butter between two halves of squash, spread around with basting brush.
- Place both halves fruit side down (rind facing up) onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a fork, punch several holes into the rind.
- Bake squash at 375 °C for 30 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, brown and drain the hamburger in a fry pan on the stove-top.
- Add sauce to hamburger and cook covered over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the squash from the oven after 30 minutes, turn the two halves over (use caution, they are hot!), and use two forks to gently pull the flesh of the squash along the sides into the center, as you do this it should naturally separate into Spaghetti like noodles.
- Serve with meat sauce over squash noodles.
- We use plant butter with this recipe and it’s wonderful. You can also use oil in place of butter, just use a little less oil- butter is only about 75% oil.
- Top with Parmesan or shredded cheese for an even more savory meal, don’t forget to adjust the nutrition information for added toppings!
|Serving Size||1/4 of Recipe|
|Net Carbs||10.3 g|