A low carb and keto friendly BBQ flavored fried chicken recipe, without the hassle and mess of deep frying in oil. And it’s ready in an only hour!
Low Carb Bar-B-Q 'Fried' Chicken.
An oven baked and low carb alternative to fried chicken with amazing barbecue flavor!
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Hickory Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Wocestershire Sauce
- 55 g Pork Rind Crumbs (about 2 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sweetener e.g. Brown Swerve
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with racks on it, this will help the chicken cook evenly- top and bottom.
- In a shallow dish, combine egg, mayo, worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke, whisk together until smooth.
- In a separate dish, combine all dry ingredients, sweetener, and seasonings, mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, coating well.
- Set, gently press and turn chicken in dry ingredients until coated.
- Set chicken onto a rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 °F for 40 minutes or until internal temperature is at least 165 °F (per CDC safety recommendations).
- Allow to cool a little, and serve hot.
- Pork rinds and almond flour can be fully substituted out for either. If opting for almond flour only, consider adding a little parmesan cheese.
- Pork rinds can be crushed by putting them in a plastic bag and squeezing them, or rolling over the bag with a rolling pin. Alternatively, pork panko can be used.
- Separating the dry ingredients into two dishes after mixing can help prevent losing too much due to clumping.
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper before setting the racks on for an easier cleanup.
|Serving Size||1 Chicken Breast|
|Net Carbs||1.3 g|