‘Tis the season for eggnog! And everyone deserves some, even those who can’t have sugar or dairy. I must mention that this recipe does have raw egg in it, so I highly recommend using pasteurized eggs. Using yolks only if you have an egg-white allergy is okay (most egg allergies are to the whites), it will change the flavor and texture a bit, but it will still be a very tasty nog.
Eggnog- Dairy & Sugar Free.
An easy and tasty homemade eggnog for those who need a sugar free non-dairy choice!
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Swerve
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp All Spice
- 1 Can (13.5 oz) Unsweetened Coconut Cream
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- In a stand mixer, whisk together, just until smooth, the eggs, vanilla, swerve, and spices. Also now is the time to add in any alcohol (bourbon, brandy, or rum) you might want.
- Add in coconut cream and almond milk.
- Whisk on high just until a little froth forms. If you over whisk, it will fluff up a bit like meringue (which is an odd texture for eggnog to have).
- Chill, and stir well before serving.
- Raw eggs can make you sick, it’s better to use pasteurized eggs to reduce this risk.
- Many people like to add a little alcohol to their egg nog, and I fully support their position! Just remember that alcohol has calories! Or just conveniently forget that part… add a little more cheer.
- This recipe might be a little sweet for some people, try reducing the swerve to a heaping 1/4 cup if you find it to be just far too sweet.
- Coconut milk (carton variety/ not canned) can be substituted for the almond milk.
|Serving Size||1/4 Cup|
|Net Carbs||1.3 g|